Joseph M. Winsby is an AV Preeminent rated trial attorney and a partner in the firm’s Miami office. He is an accomplished litigator dedicated to the representation of insurers and insureds in a variety of complex insurance and business liability concerns. In his insurance practice, Mr. Winsby helps his clients navigate through high exposure claim issues, and defends and prosecutes coverage disputes. In his liability practice, Mr. Winsby defends businesses and individuals in premises liability, construction defect defense, personal injury, professional liability, and commercial disputes.
In 2014, Mr. Winsby became a Trial College Fellow at the American Board of Trial Advocates’ National Trial College at Harvard Law School. Mr. Winsby graduated from the University of Miami School of Law, ranking cum laude among his classmates and receiving an honors distinction from the nationally acclaimed Litigation Skills program.
Mr. Winsby remains active in the South Florida legal community as a member of the Florida Bar, Florida Defense Lawyer’s Association, Coral Gables Bar Association, Dade County Bar Association, and in the Dade County Defense Bar Association as the Secretary.
Mr. Winsby is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts, as well as the United States District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida. He is an Eagle Scout.
PEER REVIEW, BAR MEMBERSHIPS, AND PUBLICATION:
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated – AV Preeminent
- Florida Super Lawyers – Rising Star 2015-2016
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Trial College Fellow, Harvard Law School, 2014
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- State of Florida, 2009
- Joseph M. Winsby & Elaine D. Walter, Applying the Statutes of Limitation in Institutional Childhood Sex Abuse Cases, 88 Fla. B.J. 32 (2014)
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2009
- University of Vermont, Bachelor of Arts, honors in Political Science, 2006
420 South Dixie Highway, Third Floor
Coral Gables, Florida 33146
Telephone: (305) 667-0223
Facsimile: (305) 284-9844