Matthew Martin, a partner, focuses his practice in civil litigation; more recent cases have involved nursing home litigation, assisted living facility litigation, premises liability, personal injury and wrongful death litigation, product liability, adversary proceedings in bankruptcy, first-party property litigation, construction defect issues, and insurance coverage issues.
Most recently, Mr. Martin has successfully litigated numerous nursing home and assisted living facility cases for a number of clients ranging from individuals to large-scale facilities. Mr. Martin’s most recent nursing home and ALF cases have spanned a wide range of issues, from complex medical discrepancy to negligent security, as well as licensing, policy and procedural issues, and compliance with the Florida Administrative Code.
Mr. Martin has also become heavily involved in transient voltage surge suppressor/surge protector fire litigation, handling a number of product liability and negligence lawsuits for a range of clients including insurance provider subrogation departments and nationally recognized surge suppressor manufacturers and distributors, as well as individuals.
Mr. Martin is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts, as well as the United States District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida. He is a member of the Dade County Bar Association, the Coral Gables Bar Association, and The Florida Bar.
Areas of Practice
- Nursing Home and Assisted Living Facility Litigation
- Catastrophic Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation
- Medical Malpractice Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation
- Premises Liability Litigation
- Landlord-Tenant Litigation
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Automobile Negligence Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- First Party Property Litigation
- Dade County Bar Association
- Coral Gables Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- All State Courts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Emory University, B.A., 2005
University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2008
Litigation Skills Program Honors Recipient
1818 South Australian Avenue, Suite 102
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Telephone: (561) 832-6788
Facsimile: (561) 835-1035E-Mail: email@example.com